cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity coming up as users home server

mreilly
Level 1
Level 1

Some of my users have their home server listed as unity, and if I delete the user and try to recreate it Unity does not find the users mailbox on exchange.

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity Version?

Exchange configuration? Is it 55/2K, on box or off?

Do these users that are listed with Unity as their home server actually work?

This turned out to be a simple case of needing to use the Bunny Killer to purge Unity location ids from the users.

but if you were deleting them in the SA, why were they not being cleaned? Or was the original description not accurate?

The original description was correct I deleted them out using system administrator waited several minutes then tried recreating the voice mail box but unity was not finding the user in exchange because the attribute was still there.

hmmm... that's odd.

When the SA deletes a user, it goes through the DOH to remove those properties from the object in the directory. Only when that completes successfully (or the directory tells us it's OK anyway) does it actually remove the user from our local SLQ database.

The only thing that comes to mind is a replication issue in AD/Ex55 or perhaps a flaw in the removal logic that isn't catching an error being passed back from the directory. If it's the later I'd expect to see an event log error message or two around the time you did the original deletion in the SA.

Either way, it should absolutely not be necessary to have to clean subscribers in the directory after removing them in the SA... something's going on under the covers that shouldn't be here.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: