Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Configuration

We're installing CallManager and want to deploy Unity's unified messaging,Real Speak TTS, and an integrated fax solution. This is a "greenfield" installation, so no legacy systems or hardware to deal with!<br><br>What part numbers do I need in addition to UNITY-IP-2.4.6, UNITY-UM-4, UNITY-RS-2? The reason I ask is because my distributor doesn't seem to know, as I'm getting different answers from different people I talk to (although the Configurator says this is a valid config).<br><br>Also, the Cisco Configurator gives me no fax options--does that mean I need to use a third-party fax solution? If so, what do you recommend that plays nicely with CallManager and Unity and Exchange?<br><br>One final question...the distributor is telling me that UNITY-IP-2.4.6 requires that I buy one of the Dell servers noted on the configurator, but the Cisco Configurator allows the config to process successfully without it. Please confirm that I can install Unity on my own Dell server.<br><br>Thanks much for the help!<br><br>Craig<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unity Configuration

I'm afraid the ordering process is out of my territory... I'm a product details guy, the ins and outs of which part numbers you want makes my hair curl. Sorry...

As for 3rd party fax support, Unity currently supports (i.e. we have tested with) Lightning Fax, RightFax, Faxination, FaxSr, BisCom and FaxSys. I know at least a couple other types of fax serves have been used in the field. Search the forum here for several posts where I go over the details of what we need in to integrate with a 3rd party fax (the bar is pretty low, most fax servers with an Exchange gateway will work for you with only a minor registry edit).

The offical support policy for Cisco now is that you have to use one of the PCs on the hardward compatibility list... folks used to dealing with AV find this tough to handle, but the number of sites being supported now really requires some sort of uniformity. Here's a list of all the platforms approved for 2.4.6 at this point:

·Cisco MCS-7835-733: 4-32 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging – IP Only
CD-ROM drive
Single Pentium III 733 MHz processor
512 MB SDRAM
Dual SCSI HDD’s
RAID(1)
External US Robotics 56K modem

·Cisco MCS-7835-1000: 4-32 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging – IP Only
CD-ROM drive
Single Pentium III 1.0 GHz processor
512 MB SDRAM
Dual SCSI HDD’s
RAID(1)

·Compaq ProLiant-DL380 (1.0 GHz): 4-32 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging – IP Only
Microsoft “Hardware Compatibility List” Logo approved: Windows NT 4.0
CD-ROM drive
Single Pentium III 1.0 GHz processor
512 MB SDRAM
Dual SCSI HDD’s
RAID(1)

·Dell G1: 4-16 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging – Dual Switch and IP
Microsoft “Hardware Compatibility List” Logo approved: Windows NT 4.0
CD-ROM drive
Monitor
Single Celeron 400MHz
256MB SDRAM
Single IDE or SCSI HD
3 PCI slots
2 shared ISA/PCI slots

·Dell 2400: 4-32 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging – Dual Switch and IP
Microsoft “Hardware Compatibility List” Logos approved: Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000
CD-ROM drive
Monitor
Single Pentium III 866MHz processor
512MB SDRAM
Single SCSI HDD
5 PCI slots

·Dell 2400: 4-32 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging – Dual Switch and IP
Microsoft “Hardware Compatibility List” Logos approved: Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000
CD-ROM drive
Monitor
Single Pentium III 866MHz processor
512MB RAM
Dual SCSI HDD’s
5 PCI slots
RAID(1)

·Dell 2400: 4-40 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging – Dual Switch and IP
CD-ROM drive
Monitor
Dual Pentium III 866MHz processors
1GB RAM
Three SCSI HDDs
5 PCI slots
RAID(5)

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content