Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection 8.5 installation on MCS 7825-I4 with 4GB

Muhammad Irfan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

I have upgrade my RAM from 2GB to 4GB for MCS-7825-I4-V01. There was 7.1 unity is installed on that. Now we want to install the unity connection 8.5 on same sever. We have tried to installed but installation get halt by the message "" hardware is not supported""'.

Kindly advise on this.

I haev 4GB RAM plus 250GB two Harddisk. I have attached my Logs.

8 Replies 8

Jesse Drohen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is a link to the Cisco Unity Connection 8.x Supported Platforms List. I don't see that model on there.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/supported_platforms/8xcucspl.html

Regards,

Jesse

Not sure I understand this post - the 7825-I4 isn't currently shipping anymore, but it's still supported for use w/ Unity Connection 8.x - same link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/supported_platforms/8xcucspl.html#wp786301

?

Yes, there are some 7825-I4 versions listed, 7825-I4-V01 is not one of them. Different versions have nuances such as drivers that are not supported in some versions of software.

Regards,

Jesse

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply, actually this server is supported even with 2GB RAM, actually issue was with RAID configuration. I have delete the RAID configuration, now I am able to install the unity conn 8.5 on 7825I4 server.

I do the same model and same symptom. I have disabled the RAID configuration.

Wanna to know what you mean delete the RAID?

But after installation. I find the installation is hang in installing 21 of 21 items.

after waiting a long time, it prompted us 90 minutes count down ...

when the timer expired, it automatically reboot and we final get "hardware configuration error"...

Please help....

I had completely removed the RAID configuration then after that installation went smooth.

Many thanks for replies really.

I removed the RAID to be 2 set of standalone hard disk. Is it the way you do?

Danny Sze

Wharf T&T Limited

M: dannysze@wharftt.com

T: 2112 2907 / M: 6086 7385

Go Green, Think Before You Print

"Sent via CSL BlackBerry."

rosaho
Level 3
Level 3

This discussion has been modified to comply to the CSC terms of use conditions.