Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection VM transfers

jleon22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I'm trying to find out what is the best way to set up this scenario.

I have a shared line that is manned during business hours. After hours, I would like the VM immediately forward the incoming call sequentially to some outside lines, for example cell phones. So, it would attempt to transfer the call to cellphone1 and nobody answers, try cellphone2, etc.

Also, to take it another step further, the cellphones will rotate on a weekly basis on who is called first in the order.

I believe I can set it up to transfer to 1 number, but is it possible to continue down the line without the cellphone's VM conflicting with it?

thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is possible in Unity connection using call transfer rules. Set up the voice mail so that it uses the Personal Call transfer rules. Then set up the Personal Communication Assistant with notification devices (do not enable them just put the phone numbers in by default you can add home, mobile, work, pager, smtp).Then set up the Personal Call transfer rules to with a destination group with these notifcation devices enabled. Next Set up the Personal Call Transfer Rules with the setting Transfer Call to Destination Group.

Unity Connection will begin by transferring the call to the first number in the notification list and continue until the end of the list where it will then transfer the call to voice mail. If you have notification turned on in the Personal Assistant then it will notify you of the voicemail.

Regards

Dennis.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

jleon22
Level 1
Level 1

TTT!

Any ideas anyone?

TIA

In order to perform answer detection you will need an application such as predictive dialer, which has software/hardware answer detaction capabilities and can diffriancite between live answer, answering machine, fax, etc.

With Callmanager once the call is forwarded out to PSTN you cannot pull it back. You can perform Consult Transfers with IPCC Express, but it will not provide answer detaction.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

That is an interesting option you mentioned about predictive dialing. However, I thought that the capability I mentioned was a feature available on Unity.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Johnny,

Have you looked at this feature, I think it is about as close as I have seen that may meet your requirements;

Cascading Message Notification

Cascading message notification allows you to set up a series of notifications to a widening circle of recipients.

For example, to create a hierarchy of message notifications for your Technical Support department, set the first message notification to be sent immediately to the pager of the front-line technical support representative. The next notification can be sent after a delay of 15 minutes to the pager of the department manager. A third notification can be sent after a delay of 30 minutes to an employee in the Problem Resolution Group.

Notifications continue to cascade according to the options you selected until the message has been saved or deleted by a recipient.

From this Unity connection doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6509/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080557fde.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Hi Rob,

Yeah, I looked into Cascading Message Notification a little bit, but it is used for notification purposes when a voicemail is left for a user. I'm trying to route the call so that the caller does get a person.

This is possible in Unity connection using call transfer rules. Set up the voice mail so that it uses the Personal Call transfer rules. Then set up the Personal Communication Assistant with notification devices (do not enable them just put the phone numbers in by default you can add home, mobile, work, pager, smtp).Then set up the Personal Call transfer rules to with a destination group with these notifcation devices enabled. Next Set up the Personal Call Transfer Rules with the setting Transfer Call to Destination Group.

Unity Connection will begin by transferring the call to the first number in the notification list and continue until the end of the list where it will then transfer the call to voice mail. If you have notification turned on in the Personal Assistant then it will notify you of the voicemail.

Regards

Dennis.

Yup, that did the trick. I initially never saw the option to do transfer rules on ciscopca. By default it is off, I enabled it and now I can see the optiones.

thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: