Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

unity coudn't find localization files files

Hi there<br>this is a PC i am setting up as a test install before i do the real thing.I had a unity 2.4.5 build 66 system. I upgraded the key to a 4 text to speech ports.then ran unity setup again to install the TTS engine.I checked "upgrade unity" and "install TTS engine". The windows 2000 language i am using is English (new Zealand), the Unity language is English(new zealand)and the TTS language is English(UK). the setup started and then after a while it started saying<br>it couldn't find certain files . it was looking on Unity disk 1 for these files.I manually located these files on Unity disk 2. but got sick of manually finding them after about 7 files. What did i do wrong? the files it couldn't find are:<br>avperfmonitor_mc.dll<br>locationtest.xml<br>LocationTe<br>IntHtitle.loc<br>AVSAConfigDirH.loc<br>ToolDiagSelBody.loc<br>Global.loc<br>~n.png<br>zTOC_frame.htm<br>The above files are not all of them since i exited the setup.It sounds to me like a localization problem specific to new Zealand but you are the expert.<br>hope you can help me<br><br>thanx<br><br>

2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: unity coudn't find localization files files

hmmm... it doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong, it sounds like the mapping file for the setup CDs isn't correct for your configuration... some languages are on CD#1 and some are on CD #2 due to size constraints and there's a mapping file to indicate to the setup which CD to ask for when it gets to a particular file. Sounds like it's fouled up somewhere along the line.

I'll pass this on to the localization folks on Tuesday but in the meantime you can try copying CD #1, #2 and #3 all into a directory on a hard drive and map a drive letter to it (if it's on the network) and do the setup from there. It should be smart enough to plow straight through the files without using the mapping (I think it only checks the map when it can't find the file/directory it's looking for at the moment).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Re: unity coudn't find localization files files

thanx Jeff
that worked.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content