Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Crossbox Question

I currently have 5 Unity 4.0(4) servers, each in a different city, but all a part of the same dialing domain as well as AD domain. These are also integrated into Call Manager 4.1(2)sr1.

Currently, when a user travels to an office that does not home his/her Unity account, and they attempt to dial Unity from the phone in a remote office, the user gets a message that says "Unable to reach your unity home server". I also see an error in the application log of the remote office Unity server that says "Cross box handOff failed. Reason: Destination Rings but no Answer. Unable to handoff request to server"

My question is, how would I configure crossbox in a way that would allow the user to enter there own extension to reach voicemail? What is the best way to set this up?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Unity Crossbox Question

Will digital networking help your situation?? I am talking about under SAWEB -->Newtwork-->Primary and Delivery location.

Ken

Hall of Fame Super Silver

I am assuming you have Digital Networking configured correctly?

I have seen this error, but it was sporadic and would go away when you tried agiain in few minutes.

One tip I can provide is to make sure your all of your CCMs have route patterns spanning remote subscriber extensions pointing to the ICT if you have multiple CCM clusters.

Chris

Digital networking is already configured.

This is not a sporadic problem, but is consistent. The problem is that Unity is receiving the dialed digits from the calling number and is trying to associate the extension to a mailbox.

I tested over the weekend, and when I turned on the crossbox communication, I would dial what would be the Unity home server, and Unity would successfully transfer the call back to the home server for the extension that I was calling from.

What I need to happen is that when Unity in any location is dialed from any extension system wide, it prompts for an extension or something to associate to the correct home Unity server.

Thanks for the response.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content