Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity design question.

I have two seperate callmanager clusters seperated by a T1 WAN link.

Each CM Cluster has a single Unity box installed connecting to a Exchange Cluster at each site.

All Exchange and Unity servers are installed in a common Active Directory.

I believe everyone is actually in a single OU now.

Q1.) Can I configure each Unity box to support both CM Clusters?

Q2.) Can I take it a step further and configure the seperate Unity boxes as a single Failover Unity Cluster?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity design question.

First, it sounds like what you're looking for is digital networking. If you configure digital networking, you will be able to send messages between Unity servers. For example, create a new message locally and address it to a remote recipient via TUI, or you can also forward messages between subscribers at both locations.

4.0.x will give you the most options for networking your Unity servers, make sure to check the configuration guide for your version to make sure you will not run into any limitations.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/net/net402/ex/index.htm

To answer your questions more specifically, see below:

Q1) Yes, but you'll either have to buy additional ports for each remote location or split the available ports and create separate clusters in the TSP configuration on the Unity servers. I would recommend TSP 7.0.x, and Unity 3.1.x if you plan to try this.

Q2)NO, if you would like to configure failover, you'll need to have both Unity servers on the same LAN or increase the bandwidth between sites.

Re: Unity design question.

Regarding Failover Bandwidth.

How much is enough, there are a ton of fiber providers in NYC area, If I wanted to do this, how much bandwidth would I really need?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content