cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - dial-up connectivity/mailboxes

gwhite
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently running Unity in our United States Sales Headquarters. Our headquarters has approximately 200 people locally attached to the LAN.

Through acquisitions and growth, we have slightly over 400 remote users (95% or more dial-up with 56Kbps modem).

We currently run unified-messaging with Unity and Exchange 5.5 for all 600 users. However, this is a real pain for the remote sales force. Right now the only thing we suggest to them is to call the toll free voice mail number to retrieve their voice message (prior to getting into their exchange mailbox).

Is there a simple way to make the 400 users voice messages "non-unified"? I think I saw something on the fact that you can have up to 200 non-unified voice-mailboxes on a Unity server. Is that true?

Would I need two additional Unity Servers (in addition to the one I already have?)

200 LAN Users-unified (Unity Server #1)

200 Remote Users-non-unified (Unity Server #2)

200 Remote Users-non-unified (Unity Server #3)

OR, can I utilize the existing unity server for the following configuration:

200 LAN unified mailboxes with 200 remote-non-unified mailboxes (Unity Server #1)

200 remote-non-unified mailboxes (Unity Server #2)

As a side note:

We run RightFax.

We are going to move to the HQs to a new building/location in the near future, and may get the Call Manager.

We are definitely re-doing the entire LAN infrastructure, and are definitely getting Cisco IP phones (VoIP internally in LAN environment near term, may do VoIP to other WAN sites in longer term).

Thanks

1 Reply 1

gwhite
Level 1
Level 1

We also have multiple Exchange 5.5 servers. I would even be willing to put all the Sales force on one Exchange server (if it would allow for non-unified messages for those people)