Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

unity didn't transfer the call, instead going back to the greeting.

We have a 1800 number backdoor AA (using forwarded routing rule) set up for users to retrieve mail, also they can enter extension to access phone. Mostly it used when employee called from long distance area.

Recently they reported occasionally when user enter extension after accessing the backdoor AA, unity seems ignore the fact that user enter the extension, it just goes back to the same greeting , instead of transfering the call,

I have no idea where to start with, anybody can give me an idea to start with?I guess this possibly like that unity didn't accpet the dtmf tone that moment.

Thanks

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: unity didn't transfer the call, instead going back to the gr

If Unity didn't like the DTMF, the caller would certainly hear about it. You had mentioned that when the problem happens, "it just goes back to the same greeting". Is that what happens if you were to call in and not enter any digits?

If Unity is not prompting the callers when they enter the DTMF, it sounds like the digits are not being presented to Unity.

There aren't any currently known problems where Unity gets a DTMF, but doesn't respond. However, there's numerous configuration issues that can cause this to happen.

Not quite sure which integration is there, but you could try checking the corresponding integration guide's troubleshooting section.

You could also try reviewing this doc...

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/unity_cm_dtmf_prob.html

Views
Helpful
Replies