Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

unity Dirt utility backup

Unity version 3.15.

Can I run Dirtbackup utility, which is called unity disasterbackup now, remotely via terminal service to backup unity database?

Thanks

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: unity Dirt utility backup

You should be able to do this, however be sure to use the full UNC path if you're backing up to an off box system. Using mapped drives causes SQL's built in backup routines to get cranky in a number of scenarios including via WTS.

What if I just backup it in the Unity server locally?

Second quesion: When run this utility it also asked me to run DBwalk, is that a must, or just an option?

Third question: Yesterday I setup a scheduled backup at midnight 2:00 am via terminal service, but this morning I checked the backup directory(local directory on the unity server), nothing there. It seems the backup was not running. What could cause this?

Thanks

Cisco Employee

Doing the backup to a local drive should be fine. Not sure why it wouldn't run if you shceduled it - there should be messages written to the application event log that would indicate if the process started and if it failed that may help here.

Running dbWalker is not required, of course, but is a very, very good idea. Backing up and restoring a system that's riddled with database inconsistencies is not ideal.

Views
Helpful
Replies