Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity disaster recovery without DIRT

a-murphy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer whose Unity 4.0(5) suffered HDD failure - No Backups!! I have replaced the HDD and rebuilt Unity 4.0(5) but am unable to create Unity accounts for users of the old system. AD has Unity information for these users already. The Global Subscriber manager lists the users but will not let me delete them. Is there another way??

5 Replies 5

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is a tool called Remove Subscriber Properties in the Cisco Unity Tools Depot. It will remove the Unity properties from the AD accounts allowing you to recreate the users.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon, this tool is for a Dommino integration. I have tried Global Subscriber Manager but this throws an error that \Commserver\Stream Files is incorrectly shared.

Cheers

Andrew Murphy

Are you saying you need a tool for Domino? Remove Subscriber Properties is only for AD/Exchange.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

I ran the tool this morning - Nothing happened.

Thanks for you help!

Cheers

Andrew

Please see the link below for the latest version of the Remove Subscriber Properties tool for AD. There is a tool for Domino only as you indicated in a previous post. Also, the page indicates that the new version of Global Subscriber Manager has this functinality built in.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_BunnyKiller.htm

Brandon