Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Discovery

Are there any good texts out there with some good questions regarding a Unity pre-installation discovery? I'd rather not re-invent the wheel if I don't have to. :)

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity Discovery

I'm not quite sure what you mean by pre-installation "discovery", but there are some pre installation guide for Unity if that's what you mean.

here's the link to all the 4.0(x) guides, part way down you'll find a section for "pre install" information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/ps4608/index.html

if that's not what you're looking for, let me know.

Re: Unity Discovery

Thanks for the reply. I apologize for not being more descriptive.

I'm not sure if there's a document out there that outlines all of the questions that should be asked of a customer that's interested in an IPT/Unity solution. Say, we're scoping the project work, and we need a list of questions we need to ask to assess the workload, what kind of things we'll be integrating with, auto-attendant stuff, etc.

I've already got a short list of items, and most of it comes up in a discovery meeting with the client, but I didnt know if Cisco had a pre-designed template of questions to ask a customer during such a meeting.

For example:

1. Is the customer integrating with a legacy voicemail system?

1a. If so, what?

2. Does the customer have any existing automated attendant greetings?

2a. If so, what?

No sense in recreating the wheel if I dont have to.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies