Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity does not hang up (busy)

Beginning today, when I go into my voice, hang up and then try to go back into voice mail again, my display will say busy, id unavailable (hear sound of a busy signal); this has happened to others today also. The Unity rep, when here several months ago, diagnosed it properly i.e. Mark Drombroski, but I don't remember how he did it. It is as if the system is not detecting a hang up and stays on for awhile before disconnecting and freeing up the port/line?<br>Learn Tones possibly? Your input is most appreciated.<br><br>Thank-you<br><br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unity does not hang up (busy)

The "Learn Tones" utility was used to characterize the specific frequency and timing components of the disconnect tone provided by PBX when a caller hangs up on voice mail. This allows voice mail to identify when someone hangs up on the system and to disconnect the port accordingly.

Since this problem was resolved earlier and suddenly is failing again, I suggest that the following problems may have occurred.

1. The "Disconnect" or "CO Disconnect" sections of the NorthernTelecomm006.ini file was removed or modified. This may cause voice mail to disregard the disconnect signal provided by the PBX.

2. The "Disconnect" tone or signaling was removed from the analog ports in the voice mail hunt group on the PBX. There is a setting called LDTA (Line Disconnect Tone Active) which needs to be enabled on the voice mail port COS on the PBX.

- Mark

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content