cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity event log error listing?

smburke
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a location that contains a reference on errors unity puts in the event log? We just rolled out our largest unity deployment to date (~400 UM users 3.1.5, Exchange 2000), and I'm seeing a few errors in the app event log, such as:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: AvConvMsg_MC

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 10002

Date: 1/6/2003

Time: 12:58:18 PM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITYCMH1

Description:

IAvNamedProps::GetPropVariant returned [0x80040300] on line 1813 of file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Conv1\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubGreetingsSvr\AvConvSubGreetings.cpp

Running conversation SubSignIn on Port 1

Caller's ID from NamedProps : 36484

Running conversation SubEnrollment on Port 1

Running conversation SubGreetingsConv on Port 1

I'd like to find a reference somewhere to all (or at least most) of the app event entries unity makes.

Thanks,

Sean

5 Replies 5

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

I significant effort was made to clean up the event logs for the Unity 4.0 release. As part of the new logs this site was created:

http://www.ciscounitysupport.com/find.php

Event Log in Unity 4.0 will contain a URL which you can click to get more information on the error and possible solutions.

Keith

So am I basically SOL for Unity 3.x, or do the event ID's carry over? I'm concerned about a few events I see where the unity box seems to lose connection to the exchange server, then immediately reestablishes connection.

Thanks,

Sean

as part of the 4.0(1) project many of the event IDs changed and all the event sources standardized on "CiscoUnity_xxx" so there is no direct mapping of 3.x errors to the 4.0(x) error sources site - many times you can find what you're looking for by manually going to the source you want and looking for the ID - a good number of the IDs match up that way but not all of them. This was a necessary evil since the naming convention prior to 4.0 was a little scattered. Moving forward all event IDs/Sources will be backwards compatible.

If you have specific errors you're concerned with, you can post them here and we can try and help you out with them.

Thanks. I was hoping there was a reference so I wouldn't have to bug you guys with them. Again, the system is Unity 3.1.5 UM, connected to an Exchange 2000 server and Call Manager 3.1.3a SPF.

Here are the ones I'm concerned about:

Event Type: Information

Event Source: AvWM_MC

Event Category: Stop

Event ID: 29001

Time: 2:06:00 PM

Description:

3956:1276: The server monitor thread has stopped

Event Source: AvWM_MC

Event Category: Init

Event ID: 29000

Time: 2:06:07 PM

Description:

3956:4448: The server monitor thread has started

Event Source: AvUMR_MC

Event Category: UMR Thread Error

Event ID: 140

Time: 2:06:44 PM

Description:

Message delivery has now been re-established. Messages in the temporary store will now be delivered.

Event ID: 10020

Time: 2:05:59 PM

Description:

[Thread 0x00000D10] [Port 5]: IAvDohMessages::Add() returned [80004005]. In file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Core2\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSMsgDelete.cpp on line 164.

Description:

GetNextMessage returned [0x80004005] on line 779 of file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Conv1\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubMsgStackSvr\AvSPlayMessageStack.cpp

Running conversation SubMenu on Port 5

Subscriber Display Name : Voytus, Traci

Subscriber Alias : tvoytus

Running conversation SubOldMsgStack on Port 5

Description:

PlayMessages(AV_STACK_URGENT_EMAIL) returned [0x80004005] on line 349 of file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Conv1\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubMsgStackSvr\AvSPlayMessageStack.cpp

Description:

DoMessageStack returned [0x80004005] on line 117 of file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Conv1\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubMsgStackSvr\AvSPlayMessageStack.cpp

Well you aren't SOL on support for the product. You can always post them here (I don't have an answer on the one you posted) or call TAC for support. However, we don't have any plans to go back and update the error logs for versions prior to 4.0.

Thanks,

Keith

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: