cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity EVT Viewer error 1046

bevans
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Unity server on out network that has been running fine for quite a few months. On occasion we have noticed that the pilot light for MWI is not always activated immediately after a message is left. This is a random and rather sparse condition though, so we had let it be for some time to see what might occur further. Recently we have been receiving a fair number (10 or more) of errors in the Unity servers Event Viewer log. The error is as follows:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: AvNotifier_MC

Event Category: Run

Event ID: 1046

Date: 1/27/2003

Time: 12:43:56 PM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

Failed to set message waiting lamp for Bob Smith, ext 2023, reason: Load from Doh failed.

This message appears for only two users currently. I am concerned as to why this is happening. Also, is the other problem mentioned above associated with this? I appreciate any help that can be given. Thanks!

4 Replies 4

afuller
Level 4
Level 4

What version of Unity and Exchange are you using? Is this integrated with Call Manager? If so, what version of Call Manager and TSP are you using?

If you're having issues with MWI, read this troubleshooting guide for MWI and Unity 3.1.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/tsg/tsg314/tsg_0500.htm

You'll also find tons of docs written up on this at this page:

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Software:Unity

MWI issues are so common place, I'm sure your doing a search of this forum alone would yield more than several hundred hits.

adam

Adam,

Thank you for your response. Yes, our Unity server is integrated with Call Manager. Versions:

CM: 3.2(2c)

Unity: 3.1

Exchange: 2000

I look forward to your response.

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From the error messages, it sounds like the MWI configuration in the Unity database for those users is messed up.

There's a utility in \CommServer\TechTools called DohProptest.exe. Run that, it will ask for a password, but don't enter anyhting in, chose "ignore" and you'll be in there in "read-only" mode. On the left side window, chose the "MailIUsers" collection. Then select the mail user that's having problems. In the "Object Properties" window on the right, select AVP_NOTIFICATION_MWI. In the new dialog window that opens up, select MWI-1.

Is MWI-1 even there? Do the settings for that look similar for a user that works?

In regards to the other MWI problems that are affecting other users, that's probably an entirely different issue altogether. There's a general MWI troubleshooting doc on CCO here...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/tsg/tsg314/tsg_0500.htm

I tried running DohProptest and found no differences between a known working user and the problem one. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: