cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Exam v.1.1 - HELP !!!

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have just taken the Unity exam (CUSE) at www.certification.net after careful preparation, and was unsuccessful. I have passed many other cert. exams (MS, Cisco, CompTIA, etc) but I can not locate any prep materials that are very useful for this test. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on finding study guides, example questions, etc. <br>Thanks in advance for your time.... <br><br>

14 Replies 14

Not applicable

Certification.net tests are the wost possible. There questions are really wacky..I passed on the 2nd try but man. Id rather take a prometric

Not applicable

help...i have also fail the exams many time...
can you send me the questions with answer....
thank you for all..
ericwong@hkem.com

Not applicable

I could really use any help. I have taken it 5 times and keep getting about a 76%. Will you send me some answers.
trig50@yahoo.com

Thanks a million

Not applicable

I too need to pass this test. I missed it by few points.
I am currently reading Unity Course manual & admin manual.
Still feel like i need some help to make it to 84%.

Can somebody send some questions &/or answers.

Thank you all very much.

Email ID is ttk_pat@yahoo.com

Not applicable

I need help here too. Please give me some q's.
I already failed this test in spite of knowing most of the stuff in Unity.

Thnaks in advance.

dnmann
Level 1
Level 1

I too have had great problems with this test. Failed it four times as a matter of fact. I recently got the CUSE course materials from my local SE, but that was not much help. I have gotten about 78% every time and I really need to pass this thing. I too would greatly appreciate any advice anyone out there has who has passed this test.

Not applicable

Do you guys know which questions you're missing (or at least which sections you're missing them in)? Or is this a completely blind results type of thing? I haven't seen one of these tests folks are talking about so I'm not sure what material they're throwing at you guys...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Unfortunately, they don't tell you which ones you got wrong, and they questions are worded horribly. I have copies of the four different exams I have taken and I would be happy to send them to you offline. There is about 75% overlap between each attempt.

Not applicable

I'd be interested in looking at them, more out of curiosity than anything else. A couple of these testing places were hammering me for information early on as they were trying to get their training and test stuff in place and I'm curious to see if they got it right of if they're just whistling in the wind...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

I sent them out.

Thanks

Not applicable

Yeah, there's a few pretty squishy questions in there that are worded poorly and I spotted two that were just flat out wrong (i.e. the correct answer was not listed). Not the best test I've seen, but frankly it's a bit easier than the new, much tighter test coming around the corner. Three of you (so far) sent me tests or specific questions from tests with some of your answers on it... all of you had some pretty easy ones wrong... search your admin and installation guide (and look up what the different RAID formats are!), look at your SA (i.e. look at your COS options) etc... None of this stuff should be too hard to run down.

The new proctored exam should be available at either Prometric or VUE testing centers within a few weeks from now. The old test you're looking at is NT 4.0, Exchange 55 and Unity 2.4.6 specific all over and will be retired at that point. The new tests will include Win2K/AD, Exchange 2000, Unity 3.x questions, will include a larger number of questions (i.e. you'll be less likely to see the same question twice in multiple test attempts) and in my opinion it's a bit more difficult. It's a more accurate test, however, with a lot less "squish". It's also much more secure (i.e. you can't get copies of the test and send me your answers!)

My reccomendation is if you're having difficulty passing this test, you'll want to jump on it again and give it another try or two before it goes away. It's not going to be easier with the new test.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

I got through on third attempt. After my second attempt I went thro questions and assuming each is worth 2 points I had got 12 wrong. I researched and 4 were definately wrong, two were iffy, and I could not find any more incorrect answers!

Not applicable

Hey could you send me the questions too? I have failed 3 times. These questions are terrible!!!

Not applicable

???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: