Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Employee

Unity-Exchange-Recording Blank Messages

When a voicemail left in Unity is checked by Outlook a blank (no sound) message is played back. If I check the message from a handset, it sounds fine. Suggestions?<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unity-Exchange-Recording Blank Messages

My first guess would be a configuration issue on the client machine or the proper codec being installed.

How are you playing messages back? Via TRAP or from the local soundcard on the client machine? Have you recently changed your codec on the server without upgrading the VMO client by any chance? That's happened a few times...

If you're hearing it over the TUI the attachment is there and formatted properly. If you're using straight MuLaw on the server (the default codec setting) I'd be a bit perplexed as to why it would be playing silence... you can try an experiment by saving the attachment to a disk and trying to play it back on the Windows media player on another box...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Views
Helpful
Replies