Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Export/Import

We are running Unity 2.46.135, we have a live Unity server linked to our Exchange system for unified messaging and we have a standalone Unity system at our disaster recovery hot site, the two databases are now out of synchronisation and I would like to bring the server at the DR site into line with the live box (There have been lots of additions and deletions to the live box that have not been updated at DR) Is there a simple way of doing this rather than going through and doing it manually ?<br>Thanks in advance<br><br>Paul Woodcock<br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unity Export/Import

Hi Paul. There is not a nifty way to synchronize the databases. It has to be done manually. Here is how I would do it:
1. Uninstalling Unity on the stand alone (using the uninstall tool at Answermonkey.com).
2. Install Unity on the stand alone.
3. Export the database from the primary server (using the export/import tool at Answermonkey.com).
4. Import the database to the stand alone server.

If you have a copy of ghost, you can ghost the system after step 2 so that if you do this on a regular basis you don't have to go through the whole reinstall.

There is not any other way to do this. Believe me, I have spent a lot of time in discussion with another customer in a similar situation and no automatic process is available.

Jami Stewart
Cisco Systems

Anonymous
N/A

Jami,

Thanks for the reply, I would like to try the Ghost option, do you have any more details on the procedure for this ie what parts of the server would I have to Ghost once it is rebuilt ?

Thanks

Paul

Gold

Ghosting the server is something that Cisco would not support and thus would not have a documentation to assist you. Ghosting the server essentially makes a mirror copy of it.

http://www.symantec.com/ghost/

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies