cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express Messaging

adeolu_adeoye
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problem with Unity Express Messaging. Every once in a while, while transfering calls to voicemail, Sally "thanks me for holding". I do not think this should be the case. How exactly does this work? Is there a possibility of a bottle neck.

I currently have a unified messaging system with 8 ports with 40 users.

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies 8

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not real sure what exactly you're hearing here... Unity does offer holding options on a call handler or subscriber such that if the extension you're dialing is busy it'll stack up calls. That's the only prompt in the system that I can think of that comes anywhere close to "thanking you for holding".

How are you transfering calls to voice mail in this scenario? Is this calls routing from an operator console or the like?

It's Leslie, by the way... she's very nice.

Sorry for the ambiguity of the message. It was reported by a system user. This is the way it happens : When her boss is out of the office, she takes his calls on his behalf. Occassionally when she tries to transfer his calls to voice mail (through Unity Express Messaging), she (the assistant) occassionally hears a "thank you for holding" prompt.

Thanks for the correction by the way. I really thought her name was Sally. People named Sally are usually very nice as well.

Still not sure what you mean by "Express Messaging" here. So she answers the call and then what? Dial's the main line for unity, dials the boss's extension followed by #2 and releases the call?

If that's the case it sounds to me like maybe she's not getting the #2 in there quick enough in some cases and the phone is returning busy when the transfer rule is hit and you've got it configured to allow holding... that's just a guess, however.

We have a Call Handler named "Express Messaging". It has an extension assigned to it. What then happens is a user handling a call for someone else transfers the call to this number, dials the appropriate voice mail number followed by #2.

I will check to see if occassionally there is a delay in the keystrokes. If this happens to be the case, what can be done to increase the wait time for this feature? Does it use the same timer used when going through the Unity prompts (when voice mail is being checked externally)?

We have not configured this Call Handler for holding.

it's not the call handler that will be configured for holding, it's the boss's subscriber account.

There should be no delay when dialing the #2... if folks are waiting this is almost certainly your problem. They need to dial the extension followed by #2 all as one big number with no delay at all. The # indicates to unity that the extension has been entered and not to wait for more imput and the 2 indicates to skip the transfer attempt and go right to the greeting for that user.

kpegg1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that I would like to implement "Express Messaging" for.

You stated you had a "Express Messaging" call handler, how have you designed this handler?

There is not a feature called "express messaging", I would hesitate from calling it this, as this caused some confusion when the question was first posted. That was just what they chose to name the call handler, you could name it Timmy Turtle if you wanted.

Anyhow, here are some options for doing this:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/transfer_direct_box.html

Jami

There is not a feature called "express messaging", I would hesitate from calling it this, as this caused some confusion when the question was first posted. That was just what they chose to name the call handler, you could name it Timmy Turtle if you wanted.

Anyhow, here are some options for doing this:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/transfer_direct_box.html

Jami