Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Failover Hardware question

For configuring Unity failover, do the servers have to be identical (hardware-wise).

Thanks,

Navi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity Failover Hardware question

No, they don't have to be identical but, of course, it's a real good idea that they have similiar capacities (i.e. similiar HD and port sizes). You can't go wrong using the same box for both here but as long as they are both rated for the same port/user load it'll work fine.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

No, they don't have to be identical but, of course, it's a real good idea that they have similiar capacities (i.e. similiar HD and port sizes). You can't go wrong using the same box for both here but as long as they are both rated for the same port/user load it'll work fine.

On a similar note I have a Cisco-branded Unity box. I am looking at failover as well but my vendor seems unable to locate a Cisco-branded Unity box for failover. He can only find the software and I would have to get an approved box. Not a huge deal but does such an animal exists or is the failover option for the software only?

Views
Helpful
Replies