cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Failover Licensing Question

RON ROYSTON
Level 1
Level 1

I have a healthy 24-port system that I am adding a secondary failover Unity server to. The failover software order got screwed up and the license key for my new secondary box shows a 16-port license with failover enabled. Will the 16-port license on the secondary and the 24-port license on the primary integrate and function?

I am having some issues with the final configuration of this failover project and I'm wondering if this licensing issue is causing my problems. My secondary box fails to launch the Unity app after I running FailoverConfig.exe on both boxes and the App log points to the failed AvCsMgr services that says that it failed to create system mailbox. Default location is missing from the DoH system configuration.

1 Reply 1

sridharg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Though it is always recommended to have the same features enabled on both the servers, the secondary server will still function with 16 ports and the issues you are seeing is not related to the difference in licensed features.

In a Unity failover system, both the Unity servers use the location and system mailbox that are created on the primary server. These accounts replicate to the secondary server via SQL replication when FCW is run on both the servers. The above accounts that are created on the secondary server when you installed Unity on the secondary server are deleted by the FCW. In your case, I would suspect whether the SQL replication is setup properly. Open SQL Enterprise Manager on the primary server and verify whether SQL replication between the two servers is configured properly. Also, open the Subscribers table on the secondary server and verify whether Unity_ row is present. If not, re-run the wizard again on the primary server and try restarting Unity on the secondary server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: