cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity failover not configured properly

bbickerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that set up unity failover with the message store on the Primary Server. I know this is wrong and the message store need's to be an off-box configuration.

We wanted to test Failover in this configuration just to see if it would work. When we initiate failover from the failover monitor and try to dial in we receive a fast busy.

I just wondering will the failover technically work from a Unity standpoint in this configuration. Or since the message store is not off box will the failover just simply not work.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It'll work (i.e. Unity isn't going to see the message store is local and deny failover functionality) but, of course, TAC wont support this configuration and it'd be a bit silly for a production environment - but it'll work for testing.

Do you have any thoughts on when we initiate failover to the secondary server we get fast busy when we call voice mail.

It's like the Unity ports aren't reregistering. If I do a CFA on the last port to the failover ports it works just fine.

Not sure if you have seen this before.

Thanks

The secondary should always register its ports (not true for the primary server--it won't if the secondary is the active box). It sounds like they are registered or it wouldn't CFA to the failover ports. Make sure the last port is CFNA to the first port of the secondary.

If that doesn't work, please post the Callmanager version.