Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity failover server does not recognize subscribers

I have two Unity VM 3.1.5 running in failover with 16 ports each.

Unity1 has ports 7000 to 7015, Unity2 has ports 7100 to 7115.

Pilot is 7000.

When unity2 is the active server, calls to 7000 are sent to the standard opening geeting instead of the caller's voicemail.

Calling directly unity2 (7100) works fine.

Everything works fine when unity1 is the active server.

All ports are in forward busy/no-answer to the next port.

Last port of unity1 is forward busy to its first port (to 7000)

Last port of unity1 is forward no answer to unity2's first port (to 7100)

Unity's call viewer always shows "forwarding station" as 7000 (pilot)

Running CM 3.2.2c SPG

thanks for your inputs,

Eric Morgan

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity failover server does not recognize subscribers

It sounds like the default Display Name for the voice mail ports has been changed on CCM. There's a couple of things you can try:

1) Change the display name of the voice mail ports to "Voicemail" on CCM. I don't know if this will require a CCM restart.

2) Enter the following key and value in the registry HKLM\Software\Active Voice\AvSkinny\VoiceMail Display Name = where the string value is the name of the voice mail display name (specified in CCM on the "Cisco Voice Mail Port Configuration" section) of the ports on the primary Unity server. If the names are different for each voice mail port, try the first port's name. This will require a Unity restart.

Just to clarify, the name that I am talking about on the CCM configuration for the voice mail ports is not the "Port Name" under the "Device Configuration", it is the "Display" under the "Directory Number Information".

Cisco Employee

This too may be your issue,

See the section titled "Enabling Direct Subscriber Logon to the Secondary Server After Failover" at the following link

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/fail/fail31/fog_010.htm#xtocid4

Enabling Direct Subscriber Logon to the Secondary Server After Failover

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note If the Cisco Unity system is integrated with Cisco CallManager 3.1(x) or with Cisco CallManager 3.2(2) and later, skip this section.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This section describes how to create a new routing rule for failover, so that subscribers can directly log on to Cisco Unity on the secondary server after failover. When subscribers press the phone button to listen to messages, they hear the subscriber logon conversation instead of the external caller greeting.

Do the following procedure on the applicable server, depending on the Cisco Unity version installed:

Cisco Unity 3.1(3) or later Do the procedure only after you have run the failover configuration wizard on both servers, and only on the primary server when it is active.

Cisco Unity 3.1(2) Do the procedure only after you have run the failover configuration wizard on both servers, and only on the secondary server when it is active.

To enable direct subscriber logon to the secondary server after failover

Step 1 On the applicable server, open the Cisco Unity Administrator.

Step 2 Go to Call Management > Call Routing > Forwarded Calls.

Step 3 Click the Add icon to add a new routing rule.

Step 4 Enter a name for the rule, and click Add.

Step 5 Enter the following values in the applicable fields:

Status Enabled

Call Type Both

Dialed Number (DNIS)

Typically, the pilot number is the extension of the first voice messaging port. (For example, if the voice messaging ports are numbered from 7000 to 7047, the pilot number is 7000.)

Send Call To Attempt Sign-in

Step 6 Click the Save icon. Do not change the order of the rules.

With Cisco Unity version 3.1(3) or later, the new routing rule is stored in the SQL Server database and replicated to the secondary server.

Step 7 Exit and restart the Cisco Unity software on the primary server, then on the secondary server. For more information, see "Exiting and Starting the Cisco Unity Software and Server."

Step 8 Confirm that the rule is in effect by manually failing over to the secondary server and doing the following:

a. Press the messages button on a phone that is associated with a subscriber. Cisco Unity should play the subscriber logon conversation.

b. Press the messages button on a phone that is not associated with a subscriber. Cisco Unity should play the external caller greeting.

That did the trick!!!

We had changed the voiceport's display name to the french equivalent.

First we went back to the name "Voicemail"... and it worked fine.

Then we went back to the french name and added the registry string value on both unity servers...rebooted... and it still worked !!!

I must admit I would not have solved this alone in a ziggallion years.

I would be interested in knowing why the display name has anything to do with the failover.

Thanks for everyones inputs.

By the way... Excellent forum (my primary source of debugging info)

Eric

Eric there are 5 shared folders under commserver and 2 shared folders under commserver\localize. You need to ensure that under permissions for the sharing tab that the account you used to run the failoverconfig.exe has full control. This was my problem. I added the account and I stopped and restarted AvCsNodeMgr on both servers and it resolved my problem.

Views
Helpful
Replies