Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity fax solution

I wanted to know what some of the faxserver solutions any of you have used w/ unity. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thanks.

2 REPLIES
ali

Re: Unity fax solution

I am using LightningFAX by Interstar and a VG200

to provide distributed faxing for my users.

It is working great for me.

I hope that helped.

Re: Unity fax solution

Check out this URL: http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/3party_fax_int.html

It contains a list of qualified 3rd party fax products which integrate with Unity.

In essence, what's needed to qualify is:

1. The fax server must have an Exchange Gateway component that's responsible for handling inbound & outbound faxmail messages.

2. For Unity to be able to identify new faxes in the Inbox, the faxes must arrive with a distinct message class, such as IPM.Note.Fax

3. For Unity to be able to deliver faxmail & email to a fax machine, the fax server must support the following send format: [FAX:name@number]

Hopefully this information is helpful. I've used Lightning Fax (www.lightningfax.com), it works well and offers powerful administrative features. RightFax (www.rightfax.com) is another good choice, they have an informative web site and the product is considered very user-friendly.

Scott Morgan

Cisco Systems TAC

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content