cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity general questions

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,<br> I'm still learning this product therefore I have questions almost everyday. Hope you don't mind. Here are the two questions about Unity:<br>1/ when Unity receives a call forward from CM, how does it<br> if this is a main number (to play Opening Greeting) or <br> an extension (to play subscriber's greeting) ?<br>2/ on Unity, if I import users from Exchange 5.5 server, their <br> voice mails will be stored in Exchange 5.5 database but if<br> some users, whom I create in Unity, will not get voice <br> mails forwarded to Exchange 5.5. These mails will sit in <br> Unity Exchange database. Am I correct ?<br><br><br>

2 Replies 2

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

1. When CallManager calls the Unity port it passed Calling, Called and Forwarding party information. Unity looks at this information and compares it to its routing rules. Unity then executes whichever rule is matched.

2. Unity doesn't have its own database. We use Exchange for everything. Check those mailboxes again. If a message is left for a subscriber and the subscriber can call in a check it then it is sitting in the users Exchange mailbox.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Not applicable

1. Call Manager uses TAPI to pass integration information to Unity. You can see information about incoming calls by using the Call Viewer application located in the Unity folder on the Start menu.

2. When you create a subscriber in the Unity SA, notice that there is a pull-down menu where you can select the subscriber's home Exchange Server. If the account isn't showing up in your usual email Exchange Server, it's probably being homed in the local Unity Exchange Server & using this server's message store. You should still see the mailbox in the global recipients container in Exchange Admin.