cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Greeting Record/Play via Phone Broken

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

When trying to set a greeting to record from the phone I get Assurtion failed: HRESULT 0x80040154 followed by a path to AVtrapconnectionholder.cpp. It then tells me that unknown problems are preventing connection to the server. We can however record greetings from a microphone on a PC if we select the option.<br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

This may be a problem under certain versions of Unity 2.4. Version 2.4.5.73 specifically exhibits this problem. If your user is not a Unity administrator COS, or does not have AA licensed in their Class of Service, you will get this message from their Outlook. Enable AA (Active Assistant) for all classes of service to remedy this issue.

Not applicable

I have Active Assistant checked in Licensed features under Class of Service for my subscribers. Is there another setting that I'm missing, because I still get the error. Maybe I'm misunderstanding something about Active Assistant.

Not applicable

Does the assertion list the line number in AVTrapConnectionHolder.cpp? This information is critical in helping determine the problem.

Sean Milligan
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Anytime I try to record from phone the assertion line number is 556.

Not applicable

I should have asked you this along with the line number but I forgot. What version of Unity are you running? Also, are you tring this from the SA or AA, or both? Does this happen both locally on the Unity box and remotely from other computers?

Sean Milligan
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

I am using Unity 2.4 Build 2.4.5.73. The error happens both locally on the Unity box and remotely. I login to the Unity admin and try to record the opening greeting by phone and it can't find the server. If I select to record from a PC microphone I can get it to work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: