cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Greeting Slow to start

afeind
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new Unity install 2.4.6.126 running on a Cisco 7835VM box (Compaq 733 w/1GB Memory running raid 5). When I call specific ports from my CM 3.1(10), some ports answer and say immediately "Unity messaging system" while other ports take about 10-12 seconds before any system messages are heard. Any ideas as to what could/would cause this? Again..it is a new install with 8 ports. The delay seems to be random; however, it seems to occur more on port 1 than any other port. I have uninstalled the TSP 1.0.0.32 and re-installed it several times but am still having problems. <br><br>I was running g.729 but change the setting on Unity back to 7.11 because of the problems opening wave attachments with 729 compression.<br><br>Thanks for any help!<br><br>Adam Feind<br><br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

I would pop open the StatusMonitor.exe application (found under \commserver\techtools), monitor all ports and do some test calls to the port in question. Do you see incoming calls reported right away but the opening greeting doesn't play right away or is it a situation where there's a delay in reporting the call to Unity on that port? I would tend to suspect the later since I can't imagine what Unity would be doing from the time the call was reported to the time the greeting starts to play.

does it only happen when you dial the ports directly or do you get the same delay on the same port(s) when you call the hunt group?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Jeff,
It happens randomly. I can sign in by pressing the message button on my phone and sometimes it is about 11 seconds (max that I have discovered) before the greeting is played.
The status monitor immediately says:
Attemptsignin
Subsignin

It does this immediately on ports that answer immediately and ports that do not. Like I said port 1 may do it then it may not do it again for 10 calls..but there is always a time when a dely occurs.

Any other ideas? Should I open a case with TAC?

Thanks,

Adam

Not applicable

you should probably open a TAC case.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I am having the same problem. Most calls at G.729 have a 10-12 second delay. All calls at G.711 have no delay. Was there any resolution on this post?

JOhn