Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity greetings distorted

We have a customer that got a few greetings professionally recorded to use in an auto attendant in Unity 3.1.5. The files are in the standard .wav format and sound great, however, when I paste them into Unity or use the sound recorder on my computer to convert them to the CITT u-law 8 bit mono format they sound like crap. Does anyone know of any good audio tools or something that can be done in Unity to clean these up. I can send a file if anyone wants to hear an example. Thanks in advance for any help.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity greetings distorted

Send me one of the files to lindborg@cisco.com.

There's no such thing as a "standard wav" format - we'll need to take a look at what codec/settings they were recorded in. Profsssional studios sometimes go a little wild with the format and converting it down to the appropriate sample rate and such will result in quality loss... if they knew they were recording for phone play back they should have taken that into account. We can take a look at them.

Re: Unity greetings distorted

Thank you for the reply. I sent the file to you. It is 1MB in size. Please let me know if you don't receive it.

Thanks a lot

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content