Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity: Holiday Greetings

Looking for suggestions:

I had an alternate greeting set up for the Thanksgiving Holiday. I also had "Observe Holidays" checked on the Schedule Page

The alternate greeting did not automatically start to play on Thanksgiving day. I was able to manually activate the Alternate greeting via the TUI interface I had set up within the call handler.

Shouldn't the Alternate start to play automatically on the day of the holiday?

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity: Holiday Greetings

No, holidays just indicated the "closed" schedule will be in effect for that schedule for all holidays you have configured - it does not change which greetings are active or not active.

You can checkout a way to do holiday greetings in a more automated way in the "Audiotext applications with Unity" paper out on the Documents page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com - the method described there provides a way to have a greeting for a holiday handler kick in automatically - you can just change the greeting for that handler for the next upcoming holiday and you're good to go.

Re: Unity: Holiday Greetings

Here is a technical tip that talks about setting up holiday greetings -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a008011aa09.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies