Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Hunt Group

I would like to confirm information regarding the last member of the hunt group servicing the Unity ports. I was told that the last member cannot hunt back to the first in a all ports busy condition. I was told this would cause major problems, so the fix would be to send the last member of the hunt to another source i.e a console attendant or ACD Q. Is this correct, or can unity hunt back?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity Hunt Group

Having the last line hunt back around to the first line is a pretty bad idea since if all the lines are busy you're loop through all the lines over and over again in a very tight loop until a line becomes free - this can cause the CM some serious fits. If all the lines are busy you'll want to spill over into another queue...

Our customers are used to the traditional PBX and voicemail, which has been primarily Nortel and Octel voice messaging systems; In an all ports busy condition these systems are designed to queue until a port is available. We are concerned with knowing what the customer previous expectations are, that they will think there is a problem or shortcoming with the system.

Cisco Employee

the traditional voice mail system doesn't queue up anything here... if it's ports are all full it has no ability to stack up calls on it's own - true across the boards. You need to stack the calls up in the PBX. You need to do the same thing here, you need to forward the call to a queuing mechanism of one sort or another that's external to the voice messaging system when there are no lines available to take calls on that system.

I'm unclear how this can possibly be considered a deficiency in the voice mail system...

Views
Helpful
Replies