cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity import not seeting Exchange mailbox's

bbickerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

I have a unity 3.15 server with Exchange 5.5. There are over 250 users running just fine. However he is trying to setup a few new users by importing through exchange via unity. When they do this they are not able to see the exchange account via unity.

This happened before to me and it ended up being a MAPI custom attribute error. You change the parameter from 1 to 0 or 0 to 1 (Don't remember). I can't find any threads relating to this out here.

thanks.

3 Replies 3

afuller
Level 4
Level 4

With Exchange 5.5, make sure the Allow Rich Text attribute for the users is set to 1.

adam

sarrick
Level 1
Level 1

Easiest way is to use bunnykiller or Remove Subscriber Properties at www.ciscounitytools.com

An exchange attribute is set which requires you to delete the instance before it will allow for import. This prevents import errors in environements with multiple networked Unity boxes. If you are familiar with RAW mode on exchange 5.5, you can also remove these properties manually.

Unfortuantely the Remove Subscriber Properties tool (aka bunny killer) only works with Active Directory - in the case of Exchange 5.5 you have to remove the properties manually.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: