Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Install Problems

Hi,

I am trying to install unity. I have an ex2k cluster with each cluster node is a local DC for the site. When I run the Unity setup wizard and i select the unity admin account it does not fill in the domain. and when i go to specify a service account as soon as i go to type in the password the next button gets grayed out.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Frank

6 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity Install Problems

I think this has to do with the format in which the account shows up. It can take a few forms, and they look like this:

1. user_name@domain_name

2. .\user_name (if Unity is a DC)

3. domain_name\user_name

The third option is the only format Unity handles well (at this time). If you are upgrading Unity, I have seen this to be an issue if the Unity services' accounts are running with names specified in a manner other than the third option.

If you are not upgrading, when selecting the account, see if you can manually type in "user_name\domain_name". There's a bug report out on this one, I'll have to post the number tomorrow, as I don't recall which one it is.

that did not work. I can't figure out why the next button is being grayed out. or why it is not filling in the domain.

I ran into this very problem tonight as I upgraded my Unity 3.1(4) to 3.1(5). Here is what I found out.

I first cancelled the setup wizard and looked at my Unity Services. The service accounts names were in the format of username@domain.org. I stopped ALL my Unity services and changed ALL of them to be the DOMAIN\Username equivalent and then restarted all the once except for one (AvCsGateway) because one was disabled.

After all my services were restarted, I re-ran the configuration setup and it then had the proper domain name and user name in the correct boxes. I specified my password and the wizard completed.

I havent seen the bug report that Oliviers reported to you, but I definately feel this is a bug. I hope my solution works for you.

Good luck!

Cisco Employee

What you ran into was CSCea22312, which was basically the same thing described in my first post. I'd suspect that the AvCsGateway service was disabled because the setup was cancelled at that point (which is totally fine, what other choice does one have?)

steve

Can anyone point me to a doc that runs you through confguring failover when connecting to an ex2k cluster.

Cisco Employee

The process is basically the same as if you were configuring failover in a non-cluster Exchange environment. Here are some requirements for Exchange Clustering...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/sysreq/31_sysrq.htm#1338373

Did you get past the original problem in the setup? If not, what version of Unity is this, and can you post the format of the account name? Or, if there's other problems, let us know.

steve

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content