cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity installation

lterebizh
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible install Unity on server with Exchange...?

I mean hardware other than compaq and installation other than Spirian...

6 Replies 6

r-reed
Level 1
Level 1

Yes it is... in fact, Cisco sells Dell machines also for Unity. Unity is fairly forgiving on hardware. You do need a parallel port for the dongle, and I believe it needs to have IRQ 7. This can be a problem on some pci cards.

Unity must be installed on a machine with Exchange. I don't recommend using your existing Exchange server.

Does ot means that I can get any computer with Windows 2000... than Install Exchange on it.... and then put Unity ...

And when I will install Unity I will not get message that it is not possibli to install it on this machine because it is not Spirian installed machine?

And one more question....Is it possible put callmanager and Unity together on one machine... If I know that it will not be more than 100 users...?

THanks.

To get support from Cisco TAC your platform will need to be on the Unity Hardware Compatibility List. Here is a quick list of the servers approved, you'll want to consult your sales contact if you plan to provide your own PC. Unity & Call Manager on the same box is NOT supported at this time.

UHCL:

Cisco MCS-7835-733: 4-32 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging—IP Only

Cisco MCS-7835-1000: 4-32 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging—IP Only

Compaq ProLiant-DL380 (1.0 GHz): 4-32 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging—IP Only

Dell OptiPlex-GX-150 (1GHz): 4-16 Ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging—IP Only

Dell G1: 4-16 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging—Dual Switch and IP

Dell 2400: 4-32 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging—Dual Switch and IP

Dell 2400: 4-32 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging—Dual Switch and IP

Dell 2400: 4-40 ports Voice Mail/Unified Messaging—Dual Switch and IP

Scott Morgan

Cisco Systems TAC

Thanks for info.... :-))

One more question:

Should I install win2000 the same way I install it for CM (if it will be compaq)?

And am I right in statement that I need

Exchange 5.5 for Unity 2.4.6

Wxchange 2000 for Unity 3.0

michael_oldham
Level 1
Level 1

for supported configs you need to stick with Cisco's recommendations. For a lab it will work on other systems. I have it working on non Compaq gear for testing purposes only.

What it was?

And which software?

I mean win2000+ Exchange 5.5 or Exchange 2000..?