Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity installation

I'm trying to install Unity in my lab. I found out we purchased wrong server hardware for Unity. We bought three MCS-7825-H1-IPC1 without knowing they are for Call Managers. Does anyone know see if I can use this server for Unity?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Unity installation

Good question...

But I believe Unity can install any server or PC you want. Untiy doesnt care about hardware.

So I said you definitely can use it.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Ken

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Peter,

If you are building this in the lab and then planning on moving it into production I would make sure it is a supported platform. Check out these docs:

Cisco Unity

Cisco Unity 4.1 and 4.0 System Requirements, and Supported Hardware and Software, and Support Policies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cisco TAC does not provide any assistance for installing, customizing, or troubleshooting Cisco Unity on a platform that is not on the Cisco Unity Supported Platforms List.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_system_requirements_hardware09186a0080531f2a.html#wp30997

Cisco Unity

Cisco Unity Supported Platforms List

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_data_sheet0900aecd802132ef.html

CISCO UNITY VOICE MESSAGING AND UNIFIED MESSAGING CONFIGURATIONS

Some models of Cisco media convergence server (MCS) platforms are now offered in two enterprise communications variants for Cisco Unity, labeled ECS1 and ECS2 configurations. In these cases, the ECS1 configurations are optimized for voice mail only deployments, with extra hard drive capacity and redundant array of independent disks (RAID) configuration to support storage of messages on the same server. ECS2 configurations are optimized for unified messaging deployments or voice mail deployments where messages will be stored on a separate server. ECS2 configurations generally have fewer RAID-configured hard drives to provide a more cost-effective server platform when the additional on-box message store capacity is not needed.

MCS-7825-H1-ECS1

• Shipped by Cisco, manufactured by HP

• Platform Overlay 1

• Rack mount-1RU

• Supports Cisco Unity version 3.1 and later

• Single Prescott Pentium 4 @ 3.40 GHz processor

• 1 GB RAM

• Two 80 GB sATA hard drives (RAID 1configured)

• Up to 24 ports

• IP integration only

• Up to 1000 users for Unified Messaging (message store off the Cisco Unity server)

• Up to 1000 users for Voice Messaging

• Up to 100 VMI users-Cisco Unity 3.1x

• Up to 100 Unity Inbox users-Cisco Unity 4.1 and earlier

• Up to 500 Unity Inbox users-Cisco Unity 4.2 and later

• Up to 12 TTS sessions

• DVD-ROM

• Security key:

· USB for Cisco Unity 3.x

· None required for Cisco Unity 4.0 and later

• Tape drive is available as an option (external, requires PCI-based SCSI card)

• SMARTnet® services available

• Approximate message storage (in minutes)*

· G-711-67,271 (1,121 hours)

· G-729-538,168 (8968 hours)

* Assumes 12 GB for system partition, half of addressable drive space reserved for recovery, Exchange (Voicemail Runtime) Standard Edition. This is for Voice Messaging deployments with local message store only. In Unified Messaging deployments the amount of storage time available for messages depends upon the Exchange or Lotus Domino network storage capacity.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.........

If you are having trouble with the platform config discs/OS discs that came with Unity server, you may install a licensed copy of windows (if you have one) , and then install unity on it.

Can I install 2003 OS and 2003 exchange?

Hi Peter,

Well in case of production server make sure its a supported hardware, however if it is just for testing Unity does not care about any specific hardware you can install it on any Windows 2000 Server i mean it can be a normal windows server.

Let me know if that helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies