Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity integration to Avaya G3 Definity and Magix

I have a customer with a Avay G3 Definity switch which is their core switch at the main location. They have received channels of their Data WAN T's to supply 4 digit dial between the Avaya G3 Definity and the Magix switches at the other offices. They currently don't have voicemail and like the Unity solution. We know that Unity will integrate with the G3 but I have not been able to find documentation that it will work with the Magix solution. The second question is what functionality will be lost for the remote locations. Any direction or assistance is appreciated.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity integration to Avaya G3 Definity and Magix

When you mention the "remote" locations, it leads me to believe this would be a centralized Unity deployment? Would there be a Unity behind the G3 and not the Magix? Would Magix callers cross a WAN and hit the Unity behind the G3?

If that is the case, this would actually be supported. The question of support is in regards to the directly connected PBX. As far as what features "remote" users might lose, well that's an excellent question, but unfortunately and unknown. The reason why it's an unknown is becase we can't say if the G3 is going to present call info to Unity the exact same way when a call does or does not traverse networked switches.

Views
Helpful
Replies