Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Key

So, I'm running my Unity on a HP server, and I know it's a no no. I have a couple of Compaq DL380 G2 boxes waiting, but I want to upgrade to 3.13 first, then migrate using DIRT.<br><br>I'm currently running 3.02 and want to upgrade to 3.13. Will this require a USB key? I don't thing so. Also, when I migrate from my HP box to my Compaq box, will that require a new USB key?<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unity Key

Nothing will require a USB key as far as Unity is concerned (i.e. from our perspective the USB and Parallel port keys are the same thing)... if you have a parallel port at your disposal the regular old Sentinal SuperPro dongle should work fine. Some folks have had problems with Compaqs with the parallel ports but if you make sure to assign in an IRQ in Windows you should be OK. There's a couple post out here from folks that have had to turn on "legacy support" for the parallel port as well, you can search for "compaq" and "key" and you should find the posts in question.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies