cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity License Question

frazier24
Level 1
Level 1

My license dump tells me that I have version 3.1, however my license feature dump tells me that I have 2.4x (I am running 2.46 currently). Does this mean that I've been licensed to run 3.1, however since I've only been licensed for 2.4x features, I can't run 3.1 with the current licensing? Can someone clear this up for me?

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure what you mean by the "license dump" vs. the "license feature dump"... what shows up in the "Dump Key" utility in the Unity program group? This is what's on your key...

Thanks.. what I meant was that within the Dump Key util, it shows up that I am running 3.1. However, if I were to do a Licensed Feature report or a Software Version report within Unity, it shows up as 2.4.6

Lee

If dump key is showing 3.1 that's what's on the key... Unity will always run if the key is at the version you have or later so this is fine...

I believe the SA is pulling the version from the registry for that report, not off the key.

So what you're saying is that I can be licensed for 3.1, but be running all my VM/UM features via 2.46? So does this mean that I can upgrade my 2.46 to 3.1x due to the fact that I am licensed for it?

Thanks again.

well, some account team somewhere will probably be mad at me for saying so but yeah... not sure how it got into this state. Also, at startup Unity may "stamp" the key's majorverson back down - this was an issue for a while in a number of 2.4.x builds. Just be aware that's a possibility.