Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Licensing Problems

When I try to add a sunscriber I get an error that says "couldn't create the object becasue no more licenses are available." When I go the licensing page, it says 500 are available and none are in use. When I try to run the Key Synchronizer, it errors out and tells me no license is available. I am working on the local machine. Please help.<br><br>Thanks<br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unity Licensing Problems

On the COS you're using to create the subscriber, are there any licensed features that are out? You say there are 500 left and none in use, but be sure to check all the licensed features page (i.e. TTS, fax mail...) and make sure all of them that are checked are OK.

If that's not the case, what's you're key dump (found in the Unity program group) read? Any discrepencies from the values read directly off the key vs. the license counts reported by the SA?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

It looks like you pointed me in the right direction. I am a little new to this but what I had done was create a COS called test and tried to add a user to that. When I went to licensed features, I noticed that Viewmail was checked but no licenses were available. I unchecked it and, magic, everything looks like it is good to go.

Thanks for the help

Anonymous
N/A

A defect was entered by Cisco TAC on this problem today. The defect number is CSCdv67899. On new Unity 3.0 systems, when the system is installed, by default the COS for a default subsciber is set to add VMO for that user.

The problem is that if the customer did not purchase any VMO seats, and then go to add users, the system fails to add the user telling them that they do not have enough licenses available.

We are also putting together a tech tip on this issue. Just a FYI.

Jami Stewart
Cisco Systems

Views
Helpful
Replies