Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity lockup

Our Unity server stopped picking up and I noticed that 2 of the 4 ports were in use for 10-12 minutes. That doesn't seem right. The other 2 ports were idle but wouldn't pick up, why? I then tried to reset the open ports which didn't work. I stopped Unity but it would not restart, so I had to bouce the box. <br>What would cause this chain of events to happen and how can I prevent it?<br><br>Call Manager 3.0(9)<br>Unity=2.4.6.102<br>TSP=1.32<br><br>System log shows Event ID: 7031 'The AvCsMgr terminated unexpectedly' and 'The AvMalSvr terminated unexpectedly'.<br>App log is clean.<br><br><br>

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: Unity lockup

Did you let it ring and ring until your got reorder tone or give up and hang up? Do you have your ports set to CFB and CFNA to the next port?

If a Unity port gets stuck in limbo CallManager is not going to CFB since it thinks the call was cleared cleanly. CallManager has no mechanism to know that Unity thinks it's still in use. CallManager believes the port is ready to take another call and then extends the call to Unity. Unity does not answer so CallManager tries to execute the CFNA action. If a CFNA actions is not defined then CallManager returns reorder. So if you don't have a CFNA action defined it will not forward to the next port.

As far as root cause for the port getting stuck you probably need to start running CallManager traces and open a case with TAC.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies