Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity mailbox not working, question for license of Unity 4.0(3)

I installed Unity 4.0(3) with Exchange 2003 integration. successfully importing a mailbox from Ex2003 and create at Unity but cannot leave a voice mail. I don't have any error during leave a voice mail but I got a "No new message left" when I access the mailbox.

I wondering licese issue. please guide me based on my info. I applied "UNITYU4-50USER-E"(why UM subscribers=0 on the 2.)

1. from UnityLicensing.

- Languages=2

- message recording full length=Licensed

- Realspeak sessioins=4

- Subscriber Mailboxes=50(utilization=2)

- Maxium Unified messaging subscriber=50

- voice ports=16

2. License counts from Unity sa

- subscribers mailboxes=50(2 used, 48 unused)

- cisco unity inbox subscribers=0

- secondary server=0

- unified messaging subscribers=0

3. License features from Unity sa

- language=2

- realspeak sessions=4

- subscribers=50

- cisco unity inbox subscribers=0

- voice ports=16.

Thanks,

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Unity mailbox not working, question for license of Unity 4.0

couple things here...

First, licensing issues wont ever cause Unity to not deliver a message to a subscriber. The licenses are enforced when you create/import/edit a subscriber in the admin. We don't ever just refuse to deliver a message based on licensing restrictions so that is not the source of your problem.

I suspect strongly your message is being delivered to another mailbox or is being "bounced" back to the unaddress messages distribution list or is being moved to another folder off the inbox by a rule, thus taking it out of the reach of Unity. All three are common problems.

1. make sure you don't have any server side or client side rules for that inbox that would move incoming messages from the inbox.

2. Check the example administrator's mailbox for you messages and see if they're being bounced back at us for some reason (the NDR will have more details about why Exchange bounced it back to us).

Views
Helpful
Replies