Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Message Notification

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

User gets nofication from unity about new voice msg. However when prompt for user ID, unity continue to play notification msg, while user enters ID.

Unity repeats the notification message, requiring user to enter ID a second time, and then drops the call.

Looks like a config error on my part....any idea...please. Thanks

5 Replies 5

peteleun
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hmm.. sounds to me like unity is not detecting the keys from the phone. Are you calling into unity from an ip phone? of does this call hit unity from a gateway? If its an inbound calling from a voice-gateway then it might be worth double check the dtmf setting on the dial-peers..cheers

Hey Pete,

you were right, I was missing the dtmf-relay command on one of the dial-peers. Put the command in, and problem solved...well kind off.

Now I can access msgs through the GW. However, I am having problems doing that when I get a msg notification from Unity, and don't pickup, allowing it to go to my voice mail on my cell.

When I acces my voice mail on my cell, enter the pin, I get the voice notification msg from unity asking for ID. I try entering the ID, but the voice mail system on my cell tries to transfer to that ID, preventing me from gaining access to unity voice mail. Any work around...thanks

When you had Unity call the cell phone and that phone forwaded to its voice mail, Unity doesn't know that it fowarded to another voice mail, it just knows that something or some one answered the phone. The cell phone's voice mail is recording at that time and Unity is prompting for user input so that it can play the message its calling out for notification.

When you're checking the cell phone's voice mail, your hearing the recorded message of Unity calling out for notification; it's not really the real live Unity prompting for the message. So when you enter the digits, they're hitting the cell phone's voice mail, not the Unity server that called for notification.

Never have Unity message notification pointing to a phone that's going to forward to another voice mail system (even if that other voice mail system is a Unity server). That message notificaiton needs to be answered by a person, or not answered at all.

Thanks Olivier...point noted

You could try having unity send a Text message to the phone rather than try and call it. That way you get the notification, and none of the hassle of mis-recorded voicemail greetings.

Simply use the text pager notification method, and subscribe to a service that allows e-mail to SMS text.

Paul