cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity message "sorry, this message is no longer available"

g-kennett
Level 1
Level 1

I have built a Unity 4.0 server with Exchange off box. Everything seems to have integrated ok. I can import users from E2K, get subscribers to enroll, leave a message and MWI light comes on. The problem is when the subscriber dials into Unity to retrieve his/her vmail. When the subscriber presses '1' to hear their message, Unity plays the message "sorry, this message is no longer available". When I look at the mailbox I can see the items increment, but the size stays at 1K.

I have rerun permissions wizard but to no avail.

CallManager version is 3.3.

Has anyone got any ideas

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do you see in outlook for that message? Can you play it from the desktop? Are there any virus packages that may be stripping attachments or the like? Normally when that "this message is not available" thing comes up it's because the WAV attachment on the message that the conversation is expecting to find on messages tagged as IPM.Note.voice.Unity is missing. this can also happen on NDRs that are redirected into a mailbox - they'll be tagged as IPM.Note.Voice.Unity but will have an email attachment instead of a WAV attachment so it wont know how to play it.

This is not a Unified Messaging system, Voicemail only. Does this make any difference?

no, not really - Unity still operates in the same way in both deployment models (i.e. we leave messages in the Exchange/Domino mailstore, even in VM only deployments) - it'd be real helpful to look at that mail in an Outlook client installed on a box somewhere, at least temporarily - you can uninstall it later.

I am visiting this customer again early next week, I will update this post after. Thanks for your support.

Glyn

I have now been to the customer site and after hours of investigation, it turns out that the E2K server (which we have no control over) has a piece of software on it called "Mail Marshall for Exchange" and this was configured to strip voice and video file from emails. We had this taken off and hey presto it all works.

Thanks for your interest in this post, I feel I have probably wasted your time.

Glyn

not at all... this is good information thay may help someone later who runs into the same problem.

thanks for the follow up.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: