Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Message to phone but not outlook

darren.staples
Level 1
Level 1

set up is as follows:

Unity 4.0.2(tsp 7.04b)unified to Exchg 5.5, then forward the message to Exchg 2003 (corporate email). Politics.

Callmanager is 3.3(3)4a (2000.2.5sr7) - slated to upgraded in the next week or so.

problem happened after some patches added to E2003, internal calls to VM are being seen on the phone and in outlook. But external calls are only seen on the phone (E5.5).

any ideas?

3 Replies 3

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The messages from another subscriber is submitted as if it were an internal email. When someone calls from the outside, the message is submitted to Exchange by the Unity_ account. The messages are accesible by phone because Unity is checking the vm on the exch 5.5 server. The message has not been forwarded to the exch 2003 server.

I don't know the mechanics of mail between exch 5.5 and exch 2003 but I can tell you that Unity 4.0(2) does not work with Exch 2003 environments.

thanks

I believe 4.0.4 (mayber even 4.0.3) and up is compatible with E2003.

the confusing part is that internal VM messages are getting to E2003 from E5.5, but not external from the PSTN. There must be a field in the external call that is rejected by E2003 or something like that?

Well, the messages between subscribers are submitted differently from a unidentified caller such as pstn. Messages between subscribers are sent like an email. Messages from unknown callers are submitted to Exchange by the Unity_ account. Use that as the clue to fixing this issue - maybe check the permissions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: