cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Monitoring and Event Correlation

kahauck
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering what options I have for monitoring Unity/the Unity server and processess with 2000 admin tools or 3rd party tools. NetIq is officially supported but I would want to use anything free first. For example is there a way to get an SNMP trap if the Unity process stops on the server or if the disk us full. Thanks.

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no built in SNMP support but you might want to check out the Event Notification Utility. You can read about it in the administration guide in the "maintaining Unity" chapter here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/sag/sag313/sag_0070.htm

it has the ability to trigger events on low disk, Unity becoming unresponsive (more to the point avCSMgr service not responding) and any other event that gets written in to the event log.

In the interest of full discosure, this little guy has had its share of problems along the way - most are fixed but it's earned a reasonably rough reputation for spiking the CPU in some scenarios and having to be disabled. But give it a look anyway...