cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity MWI issue

Otto Proell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all <br>i have a problem with mwi when i try to realize the following<br>we have 3 ip telephony sites with central cm cluster and a central unity server.<br>in each locations we have the same DN´s i.e. 100<br>for this reason we generated 3 partitions and calling searc spaces in order to be able to use the same DN in different locations<br>In location 1 the user with DN 100 has the enty 10100 in his VOICEMAIL field when configuring the LINE of this user<br>In location 2 the user with DN 100 has 20100 in his Voicemail Filed when configuring the line<br><br>The subscribes in Unity have 10100 or 20100 in their profil DN setting<br><br>Leaving voicemails and retrieving voicemails works<br>CSS ans Partition Setting are ok <br>But MWI does not work in this scenario<br>Any idea what we can do on this ?<br>Regards<br>Otto <br><br><br>

9 Replies 9

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

I think you need to check out the MultiTenantMWIMode service parameter in CallManager. Here is the Help documentation for this parameter:

'Specifies whether to apply translation patterns to voice message box numbers. The default setting for this flag is False, which means that Cisco CallManager does not translate the voice message box numbers it receives from your voice mail system. Set this flag to True, if you want Cisco CallManager to use translation patterns to convert voice message box numbers into directory numbers when your voice mail system issues a command to set a message waiting indicator.'

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

I have a similar issue, but I can't find that service parameter.

What version of CallManager do you have?

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

3.0(11)

I think you need 3.1. 3.1(2) has it.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

When this option is enabled, what does it do? Does it provide additional fields, or does it just enable something in the software to use other fields?

I can't explain it better than this:

'Specifies whether to apply translation patterns to voice message box numbers. The default setting for this flag is False, which means that Cisco CallManager does not translate the voice message box numbers it receives from your voice mail system. Set this flag to True, if you want Cisco CallManager to use translation patterns to convert voice message box numbers into directory numbers when your voice mail system issues a command to set a message waiting indicator.'

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Cisco Systems
kechambe@cisco.com

So are the translation patterns assigned in the Translation Pattern screen under Route Plan? That's where I'm confused. The scenario is that Unity has a mailbox for extension 51234 and the actual extension in CallManager is 1234. So setting the flag to "True" allows a translation pattern to be setup to translate between the two so the MWI can be set correctly. Is this scenario correct, and is the translation pattern screen the place to make this translation.

Not applicable

Yes, Yes, and it works great. If you setup a translation in your CSS for 51234 to Translate into the partition where the phone lives (as 1234), it will (should?) work just fine. It for sure works on CCM 3.1.2c SPB, with Unity 3.0.3, and TSP 3.0.3.

--Cael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: