Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Unity MWI refresh problems

Unity 2.4.6.135 Call Manager 3.1.1 TSP 1.0.0.7

I am getting complaints of the MWI being on after messages have been cleared and being off when new messages are present.

I have discovered that the reason for this may be that the light doesn't change state when the phone is in use. Unity dials the phone to change it's MWI status 6 times. If the phone is in use for those attempts, the MWI doesn't change status.

Is there a fix for this? Can I increase the number of update attempts, increase the wait time between update attempts, or make Unity wait until the phone is on hook before it sends the MWI commands?

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: Unity MWI refresh problems

The message waiting lamp can and should go on or off regardless of the state of the phone switch-hook. You should be using TSP 3.0(0.7) with Unity 2.4(6.135) and CallManager 3.1(1). If you are using Unified Messaging, make sure your users are not using POP3 on their Outlook, as it will download the message and the light will go out. They should use the Exchange Client. If none of this helps try posting a message to Jeff on the Unity forum: www.answermonkey.net He is the Cisco (Active Voice Guru).

Sorry about that. I am using 3.0.0.7.

Or is there another answer?

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.