Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Name recording problems

Unity 2.4.6 on Exchange 5.5 SP3. All User IS are kept on another larger Exchange 5.5 SP3 machine. No other users report this problem:<br><br>User records name. Within 5 minutes name is gone (replaced with "Extension 3220"). Within another 5 minutes or so the person cannot be located by spelling their name in the corporate voicemail directory (it works at first, playing hte recorded name, then later the "Extension 3220", and then just can't find it).<br><br>We've tried deleting the Unity account, deleting the Exchange account, then recreating the Exchange account, recreating the Unity account, importing mail back in (via .PST). Same problem.<br><br>I'd think it was an end-user problem, except that I changed the password, recorded the name myself, and have witnessed it disappear. Both Exchange servers appear to have plenty of space free.<br><br>Jason Roysdon, CCDP/CCNP:Security, MCSE, CNA<br>Network Engineer<br>NetsWork, Inc.<br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Unity Name recording problems

This is a classic example of an Exchange user that's hidden in the address book being imported as a subscriber but Unity is not configured to pick up hidden users in the directory. The subscriber information is dumped in the memory cache (which is what the SA reads from) and everything is fine for about 10 minutes and then a resync kicks in. The DOH doesn't see the user in the directory so they are removed from the cache and disappear from the SA and the conversations wont find them.

If this user is hidden in Exchange I'm betting this is your issue (if not let me know). Here's a post on the registry changes you need to make sure are set in 2.4.6 so Unity will pick up hidden users and/or hidden distribution lists:

http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=unityent&Number=2203&Search=true&Forum=unityent&Words=hiddenobject&Match=Entire Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=2169

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies