cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - Native mode

kimberly
Level 1
Level 1

Can Unity 3.0 run in a Windows 2000 native mode domain? <br><br>I think I remember that Unity 2.4 could only work in a mixed-mode Windows 2000 envirmonment.<br><br>Thank you for the response in advance.<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

I found this in the Unsupported configuration section of the system requirements document on CCO -

The following configuration is supported but not recommended:

Cisco Unity can run in a Windows 2000 Server domain that is running in native mode; however, the Internet Voice Connector will not install on a domain controller in this configuration. Also, there may be performance degradation at a high port/user count.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/sysreq/30_sysrq.htm

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

We are a cisco partner. Our Windows 2000 domain is Native mode.

I would want to know all the POSSIBLE problems that might occur by adding Unity to this domain (which will eventualy have clustering too).

So only mixed- mode domains are supported with Unity?

All information is available in the documentation that comes with Unity. You need to check the 3.0 documentation.
We do not have any other hidden information that is not shared with all Cisco customers.

Anil Verma
Cisco Systems
anilve@cisco.com

Oops, forgot to mention that we are running in an Exchange 5.5 SP4 environment and had not planned to upgrade from Unity 2.4.6 to 3.x until we transition to Exchange 2000 in the fall.

Thanks,

-Chris
=================================================
Chris Helget Voice: 952-351-2655
ATK / Alliant Techsystems Fax: 952-351-3044
Corporate IT chris.helget@atk.com
=================================================