Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity Networking?

I am helping a customer with two 3.1.5 Unity servers at the same location, homed to the same Call Manager. The customer purchased a 12 port VM server and a 4 port UM server, becuase you can't have UM and VM users mixed, and Cisco won't sell a Unity with VM and UM servers. I noticed that 4.0 will allow the sharing of users among servers, but not UM/VM. The UM server is integrated into the customer's Exchange 2000 and AD network. The VM server is not, and has it's own Exchange 2000 and AD.

The customer wants to Network the two together somehow, and I figure Unity Networking would do it, but could you let me know the best way to go about this? What level of connection would they get? The VM server has the bulk of the users and the VM server has maybe 10 users right now. Do I have to blow up the VM server and re-do it all?

Any suggestions on this would be great.

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: Unity Networking?

All you can do is SMTP networking. To do Digital Networking (the best networking protocol for Unity) the servers would need to be in the same Active Directory forest.

Here is same documentation on SMTP Networking:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity31/net/net313gg/net_0300.htm

Hope that helps,

Keith

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content