Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Unity not playing user's greeting

When a user is in Unity and a second user attempts to checks his/her messages at the same instant, the user doesn't reach his/her mailbox. Instead he/she receives outside greeting. <br><br>I thought 1.00.32 TSP fixed this problem... Am I thinking of something else??? Or is something else happening?<br><br>

6 REPLIES

Re: Unity not playing user's greeting

TSP 32 should have fixed this. Did you uninstall before installing TSP 32?

Do a search for "avskinny.tsp", and look at the files properties. What version does it say you have?

-Dustin

Anonymous
N/A

Also, make sure you reapply the default routing rules... several folks have gotten burned by leaving the old routing rule work around for the TSP 28 problem in there after apply 32.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

I did verify the tsp was 32.

I did not use the workaround for the port issue issue when I did have 28 installed. However, what should I be looking to check to see if one of my collegues didn't try and use the fix.

As a side note... How can I make the recorded greeting louder?

Anonymous
N/A

I would just reapply the default routing rules using ConfigMGr (found under the \commserver direcory). Just select the "routing rules" radio button and browse to \commserver\localize\defaultconfiguration\enu\ and select the DefaultRules.DCS script and apply it.

A restart of Unity will be required before the rules are parsed.

Also, have you installed Unity 2.4.6 build 126? Or is this still on 102?

If those are not the issues, then you should open a case with TAC since we'll need to look at CM and Unity traces to see what's going on with your system.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Anonymous
N/A

Unity is not running lastest update (126), instead production Unity is running 2.4.6 release 102. After rerunning default rules, problem still is exists. I have opened a case with TAC to look deeper into this issue. Thanks.

Anonymous
N/A

Yeah, you need to be at 126 for this fix. It wasn't just in the TSP, it was a change in the MIU that comes with 126 as well. We needed to wait for a "correction packet" to come from CM to tell us where the call really came from before taking off and evaluating the routing rules... pretty sure that's the issue you're experiencing here.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content